Landing Page Forums Starting a Business My proposed company name is already taken Reply To: My proposed company name is already taken

Avatar of Robert

Unfortunately, this does happen. You do have a couple of options however. If you are determined to register the name “Bob’s Fish and Chips Inc.” and it is already taken as a corporation, you can always register a numbered corporation and register “Bob’s Fish and Chips” as a Trade Name to that numbered corporation. Alternatively, if you cannot think of another corporation name immediately and you do not want a trade name but are still in need of a corporation, we recommend simply registering a numbered corporation. You can always file a corporate amendment at some point in the future to change your corporation’s name when you settle on one.