Selling a business
Forums - Business Opportunities
Join discussions with other like-minded business owners and entrepreneurs.

Selling a business

Landing Page Forums Business Opportunities Selling a business

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Brocel brocel 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
  • #4595
    Avatar of barbieg

    My husband and I are trying to sell a small meat packing company. So far we have no offers that are suitable. We’ve had it on the market for 6 months. Should we take the best offer or hold out?

    • This topic was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Avatar of barbieg barbieg.
    Avatar of Anthony

    If you know that the company is worth more than what you are being offered, then don’t feel obligated to significantly lower your expectations.
    If you have a serious buyer, he/she/it will wish to see the financial information over the past few years and a list of assets and liabilities. If you show that the company is profitable (or has a demonstrable potential to be profitable) and what it is really worth, the buyer will likely be willing to negotiate on price.
    The only time where you might choose to sell before getting an appropriate offer would be if your operating costs are bankrupting you and you just can’t afford to carry on. Sometimes it is necessary to cut your losses and move on.
    If you are having trouble deciding what to do, you have support people you can speak to. Your accountant and lawyer can tell you whether an offer seems sufficient for what you are selling.

    Avatar of Brocel

    The one time wherever you may decide to market before getting the right offer will be if your functioning charges usually are bankrupting you and you just can’t pay for to transport on.exhibition display stands

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.